Okashii
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Okashii

This is the place where you can meet new people and hang out! Please post appropriately in the listed topics! Hope you have fun here; Okashii means Fun in japanese! Feel free to ADD TOPICS inside the co-existing category!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Christian and a jew

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
warangel

warangel

Male
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-06-15

A Christian and a jew Empty
PostSubject: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 2:53 am

This is about rrelationships. Samayou, why won't you make a seperate place for this, if you don't mind.

Feel free to help. I love this Jewish female. She's funny, smart, and beautiful. Even though half of christianity is based on Judaism, is being with her forbidden? According to Jewish law it is. As well as christian law.

Yet, I love her so much. I never felt so happy around anyone. I know she must feel the same, but she's really religous and so am I. What should I do? I feel like God won't mind but it could be my own will. Please help.

Though it's not like I'm dating a Hindu or Buhddist, which are polygamous religions. If we both are decendents of Abraham, what's the deal? I know it has to deal with the son of God, but aren't Jews still God's chosen people.

In the days of judgement, won't they know Christ? I just need an answer.
Back to top Go down
Preacherman

Preacherman

Male
Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2007-06-17

PostSubject: Re: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2007 2:24 pm

the cross cultural differences could be a problem. i know the jewish law forbids marrying outside of the jewish comunity, but there is nothing that doesnt permit gentiles from marrying anyone of any race/culture (all who are NOT jewish are gentile). as for the bible you have Gods blessing ina marrage of one women and one man and things can work IF you put God first.

i dont know if this helps any WA, try to keep in mind the jewish people as a whole are deep into tradition, her family may not like it and even forbid it. I dont want to see you get hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/jesus/
warangel

warangel

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 12:06 am

Thanks, I know. I know a lot of the Jewish laws, because I used to go to their community center. I used to go to summer camps and afterschool over there. You had to eat cosure foods and you couldn't mix dairy and meat.

I guess that's why I feel like there would be no problems. I was raised on Jewih and chrisrtian beliefs. Though, I forgot her religous views, unfortunately. Today, we hung out and ate out. She said I could meet her mother. Though I doubt things would change. Maybe we should just stay friends for as long as we can.

Thanks for telling me that gentials are more free in relationships. That's what my concern was, so in case we do date, I know I'm not going against God. I just hope she won't feel guilty, if we hook up.

Appreciate it preacherman.
Back to top Go down
Preacherman

Preacherman

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 2:50 am

no sweat, if you ever want to talk more in depth on any thing im on msn or pm me.
Back to top Go down
Tennz

Tennz

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 8:40 am

Preacherman wrote:
the cross cultural differences could be a problem. i know the jewish law forbids marrying outside of the jewish comunity, but there is nothing that doesnt permit gentiles from marrying anyone of any race/culture (all who are NOT jewish are gentile). as for the bible you have Gods blessing ina marrage of one women and one man and things can work IF you put God first.

i dont know if this helps any WA, try to keep in mind the jewish people as a whole are deep into tradition, her family may not like it and even forbid it. I dont want to see you get hurt.

I don’t think their should be a problem with the Christian (which was the name given to the gentiles by the Hellenist (greeks) to any one who didn't know) are merely non Jewish people following Christ teachings, which is what the Jewish faith is supposed be as well. Now I know there are the ones that stick to the Old Testament and disregard christ and such.

But Remember when peter sat on the rooftop and the lord brought about a vision of the sheet spreading out and showing all kinds of animals, a voice said “kill and eat” peter said “not so lord I do not eat what is unclean and common!” but the voice said what tgod has cleansed do not call uncommon this was done three times, after the vision peter awoke and saw three men who followed Christ teachings like himself at his door step, but was not Jewish, they were all filled with the holy spirit just the same.

I read the book of Acts over the weekend

But also its down to the person as well so guy/girl say they dated a Christian/jew girl/guy "it was cool" it depends if they truly follow the faith or not, a lot people go under the banner as Christian or Jew and yet don’t strive to follow any of Christ’s teachings.
Back to top Go down
Preacherman

Preacherman

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 10:28 pm

true a lot of peole claim the Christian name but are far from it.

it si true if a person is saved, God does nto see them as Jew or Greek/gentile, he sees them as one of his own.

unfortunatley we are not like God and we have our own ideas.

I have seen cross cultural relationships work and last for years and still going, but in ALL of them one or the other gave up their culture and followed the culture of the other.

WA. give us an update. how did things go?
Back to top Go down
Samayou_chan
Admin
Samayou_chan

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 10:05 pm

Hey War, lol. I thought the Love Life thing was for that, but this is a general discussion. So you're fine. Gomen na sai!
I do agree with Preacherman. Asl long as you believe in your heart that Christ died for your sins, and you have asked Him in your heart, then you are God's child, no matter if you are any particular race or color.
Back to top Go down
https://okashii.forumotion.com
warangel

warangel

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 11:55 pm

Well, I'm not going to ask her. She'll come to me if she wants to date. It's best to stay as friends. She's a go getter. If she wants to date, she'll, tell me. Right now, I just need to play it cool. As well as not putting all my eggs in one batch.

I'm finding out that it's better to let love find you. Since, we never know where it's coming from. God will provide the best lady for me. I just need to let Him work it out. Rather than trying to find love myself. Which I thknk many people forget.

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Christian and a jew   A Christian and a jew Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Christian and a jew
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Okashii :: General Discussion-
Jump to: